India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > I finally got a Homi Bhaba commemorative bimetallic 10 Rupees.

BCNumismatics
Limited Member

You will all be very pleased to know that I finally got a Homi Bhabha commemorative bimetallic 10 Rupees.

Unlike the first 2 types,this type has the centre as being steel,as opposed to cupro-nickel.

Aidan.

--

Aidan Work.

Check out my numismatic photos at , http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ , http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ & http://worldnumismaticphotogallery.net/u2-bcnumismatics.html  .

Please let me know what you think.

July 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

That's good Aidan. I haven't found a single piece yet from circulation. I bought mine a few days ago.

The center metal is Cupro-Nickel and not Steel. I wonder how you came to the center metal being Steel conclusion. The metal composition of the coin can be found on the following RBI press release:

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
July 27, 2010 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NDM
Limited Member

Bhabha circulation coins are in use in Mumbai. Those who have booked Proof and UNC will get next month only as dispatch has not yet statred.

August 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SEKHAR KAUSIK

Tell me when u r coming to Delhi. I will gift u one.

September 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BCNumismatics
Limited Member

Rony,

The centre of the coin looks very much like the steel coins,whereas,cupro-nickel appears dull looking.

Aidan.

--

Aidan Work.

Check out my numismatic photos at , http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ , http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ & http://worldnumismaticphotogallery.net/u2-bcnumismatics.html  .

Please let me know what you think.

November 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shobhit Gupta

I have got almost 300 qty of homi bhabha 10 rs. coins ;) .. Edit: Post offers here

November 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Satyaprakash Gorantiwar
Limited Member

Hi Shobit, Can you tell us coin of which mint. I just want to know aprat from Mumbai is any other mint which are minting this coin. As you have 300 coins please let us know.

November 12, 2010 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shobhit Gupta

hello, all those coins which I have are Noida mint  (dot mark)...

November 12, 2010 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Satyaprakash Gorantiwar
Limited Member

Thanks,

Hi All,

Then as Shobhit is saying Nodia, I have Mumbai one. Till now only from these two places.

November 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SEKHAR KAUSIK

We as collectors should be cooperatve with each other. Certain coins are more available at one place say Delhi and not available in Calcutta. Same with other coins and other metros. We should post what coins we have in surplus and which coins one requires so that people visiting other metros / cities can meet each other and and partake in the satisfaction of exchanging or / and giving each other their surplus coins.  Those who have the time should visit the RBI in their respective cities and try to obtain any new coins if available. Only if we form a brotherhood we can succeed or we can still be at the mercy of dealers. For eg. I got Bombay minted annadurai coins at a hotel in Rameshwarm. See the paradox - Not in Delhi, not in Bombay, not in Chennai but  at the southern tip of India - RAMESHWARAM . I was able persuade the hotel manager to give me 10 coins. In Delhi at present  coins of Homi Bhabha and 60 yrs of commonwealth are freely available. If any brother needs these coins for his collection I am ready to share the same.

--
November 17, 2010 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

That is exactly why we have Swap Center in the ICN Forums but It's still in mint condition, so allow me to start the first thread there :D

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
November 17, 2010 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ravi
Limited Member

SEKHAR KAUSIK at September 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Tell me when u r coming to Delhi. I will gift u one.

can you send one coin to my address

November 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ravi
Limited Member

SEKHAR KAUSIK at November 17, 2010 at 11:46 AM

We as collectors should be cooperatve with each other. Certain coins are more available at one place say Delhi and not available in Calcutta. Same with other coins and other metros. We should post what coins we have in surplus and which coins one requires so that people visiting other metros / cities can meet each other and and partake in the satisfaction of exchanging or / and giving each other their surplus coins.  Those who have the time should visit the RBI in their respective cities and try to obtain any new coins if available. Only if we form a brotherhood we can succeed or we can still be at the mercy of dealers. For eg. I got Bombay minted annadurai coins at a hotel in Rameshwarm. See the paradox - Not in Delhi, not in Bombay, not in Chennai but  at the southern tip of India - RAMESHWARAM . I was able persuade the hotel manager to give me 10 coins. In Delhi at present  coins of Homi Bhabha and 60 yrs of commonwealth are freely available. If any brother needs these coins for his collection I am ready to share the same.

can you send to my address

November 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrPRBPrasad

I share & support the views of Shekhar Kaushikji.Very nice & practical ideas.My request to all members to come forward and make this a grand success.With good wishes to Kaushik.

Dr P R B Prasad,Ranchi 9431176655

November 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrPRBPrasad

I share & support the views of Shekhar Kaushikji.Very nice & practical ideas.My request to all members to come forward and make this a grand success.With good wishes to Kaushik.

Dr P R B Prasad,Ranchi 9431176655

November 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ankur agrawal
Limited Member

I got the Rs 10 coin of reserve bank set for Rs 10 only from haridwar....although i had to persuade the shop keeper for 5 minutes....but i got it for the same value and nothing more :)

also I appreciate the fellow collectors for exchangeing activites but the main porblem is that not every member will be able to visit metros or the other city....therefore doiong so with post will be highly beneficial.....the friend in need should be ready to bear the postage for single coin and vise versa if for exchange :)

moreover, plz tell if anyone collects same coins for different mints means like same Rs 10 coin for mumbi, kolkata and hyderabad mints or only a sigle coin from any mint ?

November 9, 2012 at 5:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.