India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > New 10 Rupees Design???

PR
Limited Member

ahha ..got a clear picture now. but the question is apart from the Rs. 10 all other denominations followed the same old design of common 5 rupee coin!!! don't they pay enough coins errr money to the designers to come up with something little more catchy...

--

July 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

LMAO.....Seriously Indian mintmasters are a disgrace to the whole nation. I mean look at the definitive coins of Pakistan or Nepal whose currency value is less than INR but designs far superior than our. The last time Indian definitive designs honestly looked collectable in my opinion was before decimalization.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
July 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PR
Limited Member

I wish when British left the country they should have left few dice to copy from...hope am not sounding too sarcastic but you see when we exchange our common coins with foreigners what do we offer them against their such nice coins...

--

July 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

my thoughts exactly :|

--
July 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ignoramus
Limited Member

i completely agree with pallab ray. the fantasy coin is much more beautiful than the original!

July 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sudhir Lunawat

I  like new coins of india

July 10, 2011 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shrini
Limited Member
New rupee symboled 5 rupees coins came for circulation, i saw few of them in ebay this morning :)
July 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nihar mohanty
Limited Member

Rs.1 coin looks like an old 50np coin. Rs.2,5 and10 are ok. In recent hyderabad fair, i could collect all of these coins though at a nominal premium.

--
August 4, 2011 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

I have gotten the 5 Rupees at face value from Calcutta RBI and in my opinion all the other 1,2 & 10 Rupees denomination will pour into mainstream circulation within the next couple of months. The challenge would be to get the new 50 paise coins as mintage will be limited.

--
August 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sujai

kidromeo at July 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM

LMAO.....Seriously Indian mintmasters are a disgrace to the whole nation. I mean look at the definitive coins of Pakistan or Nepal whose currency value is less than INR but designs far superior than our. The last time Indian definitive designs honestly looked collectable in my opinion was before decimalization.

Saw the below job opening in mumbai mint, 10th Pass is enough for engraver :(

Engraver Grade III : 03 Posts (UR)

Scale of Pay : Rs.5200-20200 (PB-1) with Grade Pay of Rs.2400/- plus other allowances as admissible.

Eligibility Criteria : Essential a) Matriculation or equivalent of a recognized Board or University b) Passing of Trade Test in Engraving and Drawing.

Desirable: Diploma/Certificate from any recognized Art Institution. Candidates having Certificate of proficiency in Commercial Arts or Modeling and Sculpture shall be given preference.

August 5, 2011 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

LOL....engravers just engrave the design prepared by mint-master; their job is no brainer. Dunno how it works in the Indian mints. In my opinion artists don't need academic qualification but instead of written or oral tests for the job they are to be judged on their artistic taste/skills.

--
August 5, 2011 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Thanks for post new photos of coins

August 5, 2011 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shrini
Limited Member
Today got 1, 2, 5 and 10 rupee rupia symboled coin:-)
August 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.