Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > What's It Worth > 1 Rupee 1970 circulation coin

Sachin Gupta
Limited Member

cranko at February 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Sachin Gupta at January 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM

cranko at January 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

It varies. Sometimes $100. Sometimes $200. Nobody knows the mintage. It's not that high. The proof is much rarer.

How much should I pay for proof or 1970 proof set?

Sachin,

I may of given you incorrect information. I know the mintage for the 1970 Proof, but can't confirm any of the other mintages. I can confirm that finding the Business Strike is very difficult from my experience. Sorry aboput the mixup. 

Thanks alot Sanjay, Thats why i like this forum. People are so good and expert in indian coin collecting.

Thank again., so you are saying the above coin is worth like $100 or so?

Regards

Sachin

February 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

naga kumar

So coming up for the information of 1970 one rupee coin

Its the least minted public circulation coin of all one rupee coins

Actually its latest market price is 5500~6000 INR

Sure they are available at Manish Agarwal,Howrah

Also it is included in Proof set of 1970 and priced at 25000

INR

February 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

naga kumar at February 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM

So coming up for the information of 1970 one rupee coin

Its the least minted public circulation coin of all one rupee coins

Actually its latest market price is 5500~6000 INR

Sure they are available at Manish Agarwal,Howrah

Also it is included in Proof set of 1970 and priced at 25000

INR

I would value the business strike higher than the PL strike found in the mint packets.  The coin may be scarce but nobody knows the actual mintage, and nobody can confirm how scarce. The proof the mintage is known. But not the other two strikes. That coin has been the toughest for me to obtain, and i've seen the coin fetch anywhere from $100-$200 in PL or Business strike. 

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

February 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

Sachin Gupta at February 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

It varies. Sometimes $100. Sometimes $200. Nobody knows the mintage. It's not that high. The proof is much rarer.

Sachin,

I may of given you incorrect information. I know the mintage for the 1970 Proof, but can't confirm any of the other mintages. I can confirm that finding the Business Strike is very difficult from my experience. Sorry aboput the mixup. 

Thanks alot Sanjay, Thats why i like this forum. People are so good and expert in indian coin collecting.

Regards

Sachin

You are welcome Sachin. I would value the business strike higher than the PL (prooflike) strike found in the mint packets only because i've seen less Business strikes than PL's, and that can always change. The coin may be scarce but nobody knows the actual mintage, and nobody can confirm how scarce. The proof the mintage is known. But not the other two strikes. That coin has been the toughest for me to obtain, and i've seen the coin fetch anywhere from $100-$200 in PL or Business strike. For example, 1938 Rupee is not a scarce coin. However it's difficult to find in UNC grades, prone to many contact marks beacause of the open fields, and very popular. I suspect it's popular because the next coin in the series is 1939, and that is a difficult coin to find.  Sometimes it depends how the market preceives the item. If you buy an example wait for a really good example that really catches your eye. In the future you will be able to trade it, sell it, and whatever you want to do with knowing you have a quality piece that's easier to move. Sometimes you don't get an offering, and you have to settle for whatever is available. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Sanjay   

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

February 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NS
Limited Member

cranko at February 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Sachin Gupta at February 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Sachin,

Regards

Sachin

You are welcome Sachin. I would value the business strike higher than the PL (prooflike) strike found in the mint packets only because i've seen less Business strikes than PL's, and that can always change. The coin may be scarce but nobody knows the actual mintage, and nobody can confirm how scarce. The proof the mintage is known. But not the other two strikes. That coin has been the toughest for me to obtain, and i've seen the coin fetch anywhere from $100-$200 in PL or Business strike. For example, 1938 Rupee is not a scarce coin. However it's difficult to find in UNC grades, prone to many contact marks beacause of the open fields, and very popular. I suspect it's popular because the next coin in the series is 1939, and that is a difficult coin to find.  Sometimes it depends how the market preceives the item. If you buy an example wait for a really good example that really catches your eye. In the future you will be able to trade it, sell it, and whatever you want to do with knowing you have a quality piece that's easier to move. Sometimes you don't get an offering, and you have to settle for whatever is available. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Sanjay   

I bought the proof 1970 one rupee coin at Rs 9000 and the UNC at 6K

February 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.