India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > PLATINUM JUBILEE OF RESERVE BANK OF INDIA

kansal888
Limited Member

kidromeo at January 9, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Indian commemorative gold coins won't be possible in my opinion unless Coinage Act is amended to accommodate higher denominations.

Dear Rony

It does not matter if the metal value of the coin is higher than face value. The silver value of all Rs100 NCLTs is much higher than Rs 100. By same logic, GOI can very well issue a 5g gold coin of denomination Rs 500 and sell it for Rs 12000/-

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

February 24, 2011 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Yes, they can do it but I don't see it happening because Indian Mints till now has maintained denomination-wise ascendment of NCLT's intrinsic value in any given year (with the exception of 150 denomination from last year). Before the silver 1000 Rupees, I believed that an Indian Republic gold coin was possible but now...nah..unless there is a major policy shift. 

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
February 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sujai

I notice many listings for 2 rupees RBI coin on ebay recently...

Did anyone here happened to get it ?

May 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anoop Narayanan
Limited Member

Has any body received Platinum Jubilee Commemorative Coin Set from mumbai mint

May 6, 2011 at 2:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sujai

I ordered in november and still waiting, hope to receive it some time in this month :D

May 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BCNumismatics
Limited Member

What denominations are now out?

I know that the 1 Rupee & 10 Rupees are out.

Has the 2 & 5 Rupees finally come out into circulation?

I would be very interested in getting these,plus the 1985 Reserve Bank of India's 50th. Anniversary coins,which we never see over here in New Zealand.

Aidan.

--

Aidan Work.

Check out my numismatic photos at , http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ , http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ & http://worldnumismaticphotogallery.net/u2-bcnumismatics.html  .

Please let me know what you think.

May 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sujai

@Aidan

All of them are out now, below are the ones that I know of.

Rs.1 Hyderabad Mint
Rs.2 kolkata Mint
Rs.5 Mumbai Mint
Rs.10 Noida Mint

But Rs.2 is still hard to come by in circulation, I saw someone selling it in a exhibition here at bangalore.

May 30, 2011 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BCNumismatics
Limited Member

Sujai,

Thanks for answering my question.

Aidan.

--

Aidan Work.

Check out my numismatic photos at , http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ , http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics/ & http://worldnumismaticphotogallery.net/u2-bcnumismatics.html  .

Please let me know what you think.

June 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

I HAVE NOT RECIVED MY COIN I BOOKED ON 3.12.2010 N STILL WAITING FOR THE COIN , CAN SOME ONE TEL ME WHAT TO DO .... PLEASE HELP .....

June 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Nothing to panic about as no one yet in our community has confirmed receiving the set.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
June 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

thanx rony !!!!!

June 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek H. Thakkar
Limited Member

Has anyone received the set ?

July 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

I got  Rs1,Rs2,Rs5 and Rs 10 RBI coins from Delear meet/sale in Pune which occurs first Sunday of every month...

Vivek

July 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PR
Limited Member

"Delear meet/sale in Pune which occurs first Sunday of every month".....how lucky you are Vivek...if only kolkata have one....!!!!!

--

July 5, 2011 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek H. Thakkar
Limited Member
@ Vivek I am talking about the commemorative Proof / UNC sets. The one's you are talking about are in circulation.
July 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranjit
Limited Member

Vivek at July 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I got  Rs1,Rs2,Rs5 and Rs 10 RBI coins from Delear meet/sale in Pune which occurs first Sunday of every month...

Vivek

Hey Vivek, I would like to know more about dealer's meet at Pune. Does it happen at Chaturshringi Temple campus? Howz the collection available during meet? For how much you bought 10 RsRBI from there? What kind of coins are generally available there?

July 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daidipya

Vivek at July 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Vivek

Please can you give me details about meet in Pune?

July 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

Hello Ranjit and Daidipya..

This meet is scheduled at chaturshingi mandir on first Sunday of every month from 10 am to 3 pm. Around 15 dealers are there for this meet. Most of them are from Mumbai.

You get wide range of coins at reasonable price. Even if you have specific requirement you can advance book coin which will be delivered to you by dealer.

During this month meet I Purchased Rs10 coin of 25 Yrs of Independence and other commemorative coins.

If any one from Pune is interested to attend same next month please let me know...we can meet :):)

@Vivek H...sorry Vivek I didnt mentioned whom i was replaying...i saw earlier posts in which it was discussed whether these coins are in circulation..

Vivek

July 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daidipya

Vivek at July 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Hello Ranjit and Daidipya..

This meet is scheduled at chaturshingi mandir on first Sunday of every month from 10 am to 3 pm. Around 15 dealers are there for this meet. Most of them are from Mumbai.

You get wide range of coins at reasonable price. Even if you have specific requirement you can advance book coin which will be delivered to you by dealer.

During this month meet I Purchased Rs10 coin of 25 Yrs of Independence and other commemorative coins.

If any one from Pune is interested to attend same next month please let me know...we can meet :):)

@Vivek H...sorry Vivek I didnt mentioned whom i was replaying...i saw earlier posts in which it was discussed whether these coins are in circulation..

Vivek

Thnx for info.

July 6, 2011 at 3:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranjit
Limited Member

Thanks Vivek for the info. For how much you got 10 Rs 25 Yrs Independence coin? And which mint? Trying to understand price range at Pune.

July 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.