India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic of India > star notes......

balasubramanian
Limited Member

how many star notes issued in 2010?help me

--
December 24, 2010 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

RBI doesn't release number of coins or bank notes it puts in circulation to public. However, it releases details of star notes but not quantity.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
December 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

balasubramanian
Limited Member

ok thanks sir

December 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

haja
Limited Member

star note is valuable?

December 22, 2013 at 4:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DR.UDAY KHONA

hello guys

I have a query.i have few star notes in my collection.But when i observe them, i find that all of them are of "CC" series.My query is why are all of the star notes of the same alphabet series.I have heard that star series notes are the ones which are reprinted after destroying the original spoilt or torn note.Is it that all the reprinted notes are given the same alphabet series i.e. CC or is it mere coincidence.

Awaiting a prompt reply.

Regards,

Uday

December 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DR.UDAY KHONA

Doesnt anybody have an idea about this???

January 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

well , I am working with SBI and there are few series of   *  notes. however you r right that mostly are from cc series but i have few notes which are started with j series so we can say there are few series in this context.

secondaly, a note once fallen in the catagory of destroyed can not be reprinted. these are notes which falles in the catagory of few exception of not being similer with the seires. when you open the brand new packet seal you will get every note with different no. printed over it with *.

--

Vivek Rohilla

January 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DR.UDAY KHONA

hey  Vivek

nice to hear from u.recently added two or three more notes from CC series after posting my first msg above.

jst cudnt understand wat did u mean by " few exception of not being similar with other in the series".do u mean a printing defect on the note or somethin else. also does opening up a brand new packet seal mean the entire bundle is made up of star notes in serial number.

awaitin ur reply.

regards

Uday

January 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

hello sir,

RBI on an avg distroyed the old currency worth rs 250-350 crore per year. and the cost of issuing of rs 1000 note is rs 3.40/- per note and re 2.70(approx) per note for rs 500/-. so in the process of manufacturing notes some notes do have errors like ink impression, size errors, paper cutting errors. so for a normal person it does not matter, but for the quality department it is matter so they seprate them from the series. earlier, it was practice that either they were brunt or used for making some waste product. so it was decide that how to save cost. so in order to save the huge cost some kinds of errors were removed from these notes and issued to the general public.

second when you will open the new packet every note will have a different no. because every note belongs to the different either series or no.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

January 8, 2014 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DR.UDAY KHONA

hello Vivek

this means that u get a bundle which is full of star notes.(never come across one though...).

i guess it should b in demand amongst the collectors.by the way do the star notes hav any significance in their value?

regards

Uday

January 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Initally these notes wers sold at a good premium. but now a days rs 100 note, one can get easily but rs 20, 10 are rare to find. i got only one note of rs 20 (in a very bad condition). but not found any rs 10 note. one of my friend has one note of this kind.

one can get rs 100 note for rs 110-115. depends upon the bargaining power.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

January 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DR.UDAY KHONA

hmmmm tsts gud.got one note of Rs 10 denomination.wonder hw much its costs.

anyways nice to learn many new facts frm u.thank u very much for all replies.

Do be in touch.

Regards

Uday

January 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.