India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Error Coins > 5 Rupees: Clipped planchet error

Ranjit
Limited Member

I got this from one of the shop keeper. Can't forget look on his face when I asked for this coin. He told me that I might not be able to cash it as nobody will take it and I told him not to worry. I guess this made both of us happy :o

January 17, 2011 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

OMG...such a  beauty for just face value!! :O you should have kissed the shopkeeper :lol:

I see 2 in 1 error; apart from the mentioned clipped planchet, it's also struck off center.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
January 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SEKHAR KAUSIK

A very beautiful error coin. Good for keeps.

--
January 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Arish
Limited Member

Just  Wow! Congratulation!

January 18, 2011 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranjit
Limited Member

@Rony: All my error coins come at face value and looking at how frequently I get lucky with error coins, I thought (I still think) that it must  be pretty common to lay your hands at error coins and I was giving more credit to Indian mints for that. :o

And well, I would have missed opportunity to thank a shopkeeper in a fashion you suggested if it would have been "she" shopkeeper :D

And thanks for additional off center observation.

@Arsih, your original comment was more original :lol: Did you edit that or Rony edited it?

January 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranjit
Limited Member

Critical correction in my statement (blame it to my new keyboard for missing some characters while typing fast):

And well, I would have missed opportunity to thank a shopkeeper in a fashion you suggested if it would have been "she" shopkeeper :D

SHOULD BE

And well, I would NOT have missed an opportunity to thank a shopkeeper in a fashion you suggested if it would have been a "she" shopkeeper  :D

January 18, 2011 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

I collect error coins in similar manner. I never bought error coins but on number of occasions I sold off some to fund my perfect coin hobby.

BTW Dunno what Arish originally commented but I'm innocent ;)

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
January 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daddu
Limited Member

I AM READDING  VERY CAREFULLY, ALL OF SUDDEN ONE LINE MAKE ME HAPPY TOO MUCH THAT IS FROM RONEY'S LINE THAT ERROR COINS HAVE SOME WORTH IHAVE ERROR COINS COLLECTION I WANT TO MAKE MONEY BY SELLING THOSE MAY SOME BODY CAN HELP ME I ALSO WANT TO LOAD THE PICTURE ON SIDE HOW CAN I LOAD MY PICTURE ?WHERE I CAN SELL OUT THOSE COIN?THNKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

--
August 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daddu
Limited Member

its very hard luck that no body ans my quarries

September 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.