India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > What's It Worth > SAINT TUKARAM commemorative coin UNC SET

BALA
Limited Member

hi,

i would like to k now what is the present worth of SAINT TUKARAM COIN UNC set of 100,50 and 10 rupee is woth???  

is it  so rare that i could not find any picture of those coins on the internet??

if anyone is having the photograph , i request them to upload it.....

thank you

March 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Most of the Indian coin sets made before 2004 are considered rare to varying degrees.

I'm not sure about the value but I would assume it to be around 12k~15K.

I can't help you with the photograph of the 3 coin UNC set but I do have a pic of the 4 coin Proof set if you require for reference.

Cheers :)

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
March 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BALA
Limited Member

kidromeo at March 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Most of the Indian coin sets made before 2004 are considered rare to varying degrees.

I'm not sure about the value but I would assume it to be around 12k~15K.

I can't help you with the photograph of the 3 coin UNC set but I do have a pic of the 4 coin Proof set if you require for reference.

Cheers :)

hi rony,

thanks for the reply...  i would be looking forward for the picture of the proof set....

by this reply do you mean to say that even the 150 years of railways,150 years of telecommunication , 150 years of  post and kamaraj are also rare which were released during the years 2003 and 2004....

plz do reply...

March 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

None of the sets you mentioned were made 'before' 2004 and hence are not much hard to acquire.

Railways set had booking period from April 2004 to May 2004, Kamaraj from November 2004 to January 2005 and the rest of the two sets in 2005. 

Here is the pic of the Tukaram proof set:

Image Copyright: Rajesh Jain & Co.

--
March 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek H. Thakkar
Limited Member

A coin dealer in Mumbai asked for Rs.30000 for the proof set and Rs.26000 for the UNC one of Sant Tukaram.

July 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Vivek H. Thakkar at July 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM

A coin dealer in Mumbai asked for Rs.30000 for the proof set and Rs.26000 for the UNC one of Sant Tukaram.

A lot has changed in the last 4~5 months after the book 'standard guide to coin sets of India' was was released in my opinion. It had an inflationary effect on coin set prices.

--
July 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BALA
Limited Member

hi vivek,

i dunno when u inquired about the price... but  when i was asking for the price..they were saying 35000 for the unc set when i posted it in march... and a dealer was ready to offer at 45000 ..last month..still not sure what the price could be...but definitely not in 26000 for unc set... if u get one then buy it quickly...

July 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek H. Thakkar
Limited Member

BALA at July 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM

hi vivek,

i dunno when u inquired about the price... but  when i was asking for the price..they were saying 35000 for the unc set when i posted it in march... and a dealer was ready to offer at 45000 ..last month..still not sure what the price could be...but definitely not in 26000 for unc set... if u get one then buy it quickly...

Today I asked the dealer again.

He said he is ready to give the UNC set for 26000. :)

July 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vikas Jain

saint tukaram coin UNc Set is really unique some one says to me,is it right & what about comon wealth game Coin proof set 

November 23, 2011 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

It's not unique but over-hyped. The total mintage of the UNC set is 2040 according to Dilip Rajgor's guide book. There are many more sets with much lower mintage figure than that but still sells for much less.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

November 24, 2011 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EmergingMarketGroupLosAngeles
Limited Member

If one is interested in India proof set pricing, is this a good book to get?

"Dilip Rajgor's guide book"??

Thanx

Great site

January 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

The name of the catalog is 'Standard guide to coin sets of India'. It's issued earlier last year and most of the CVs are obsolete but its more accurate WRT Indian market unlike Krause or Schon.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

January 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.