India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > 2011(B) 50 Paise In New Avatar

kidromeo
Site Owner

Found picture of the newly designed 50 paise coin of 2011 from Mumbai mint in an auction site. No confirmation yet from any official source regarding authenticity of this new design but it in all probablity is a genuine coin as the government has already disclosed plans to redesign the definitive series and the auctioneer is of good repute. From what I have heard, the new coin size is reduced than the last 2010 coin.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
June 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bijeet1982

Great picture amazing and also gives the valuations we are facing Rs.5/- Coins Design In Fifty paise means Rs.5 Is now worth 50 paise.?????????

Got To Think.....

June 26, 2011 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sujai

Looks more like a fantasy fake to me..
its too similar to five rupee coin, not sure if the mint will release such a coin to create confusion...

June 27, 2011 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

There is an outside chance of it being a fantasy coin as the dealer listed it as a trial strike but I am guessing that it's just to generate extra publicity to a common circulation coin of future.

The similarity to the 5 Rupees reverse makes it all more probable of being a genuine coin in my opinion as the Indian mintmasters lack imagination and recycle old designs.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
June 27, 2011 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shrini
Limited Member
This isnt a fake coin, this is the coin going to come in to circulation soon and it wil be in the size of a 25p coin, and there going to be change in one and two rupee coins too, check this website. http://www.gullak.in/download.htm and read the year 3 issue 6 and on 4th page there is a article about this :-)
June 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.