India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > 10 rupee "year error" coin of Homi Bhabha

PR
Limited Member

I have few pieces of bimetallic Bhabha Rs 10/- coin in my collection. The year mentioned "2008-2009" grabbed my attention from beginning. It is an error and "1909" erroneously replaced by " 2008". Now I came to know that RBI is calling back  the coins. If so what will be the value of this coin in future? Can any body please throw more light on this issue.

--

July 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

Dude... surely these coins gonna become rare in future as RBI is melting them... So surely the prices gonna reach peak in some 2-3 years... Even i got some of these coins.. So better keep them safe with you..

--

My Blog - http://india-coin.blogspot.com/
◄↕→PJ←↕►

July 30, 2011 at 3:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

What we are discussing about error..... is it fact & are these coins gonna be rare..........?

July 31, 2011 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

The rumour that RBI is calling back the coins and melting them is plain hogwash. And the date '2008-2009' is not an error as RBI's press release stated the commemoration as ''birth centenary year' and not 'birth centenary' ;)

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
August 1, 2011 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PR
Limited Member

hmm....all hope lost!!!!! thnx anyway truth prevails

--

August 1, 2011 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

kidromeo at August 1, 2011 at 7:17 AM

The rumour that RBI is calling back the coins and melting them is plain hogwash. And the date '2008-2009' is not an error as RBI's press release stated the commemoration as ''birth centenary year' and not 'birth centenary' ;)

thaks for the info. :)

--

My Blog - http://india-coin.blogspot.com/
◄↕→PJ←↕►

August 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

@PR You're welcome. I remember banning a guy from ICN's facebook page who also happens to be an Ebay seller. His offence was frequently putting up his Ebay auction links in the page's wall. I did checked out his links and all had the same tag line 'RBI is pulling off this coin from circulation' or something similar. Do these crooks really want us to believe that RBI will do something so drastic without releasing a press statement first? :roll:

@PJ Anytime mate :)

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
August 2, 2011 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.