India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > registration

sachin.tolwani

as we collects a coin and paper money is there any place we can registered our collection in case of any problem arises? any one can help me on this topic

--
August 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

Unfortunately there is no place you can register in case any problem arises. As far as I know, your coins can be insured for theft and fire damage but not for anything else.

August 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sachin.tolwani

but sir incase any que arises that how u have collected these coins then i dnt have any perfect reason

i ma asking bcz many people said me that this is proved as type of crime

August 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

As far as I know it is not against the law to collect coins particularly those issued by the government itself. I am not sure what the rules are towards collecting other older coins. I tried searching for them but I couldn't find any. 

August 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

Even I had same doubt... many times in newspaper i read that some old coins were found with some person and were seized by ppolice... some old coins found in some construction work and seized by police... if some antique is found in some privately owned land then archaeological survey of india seizes the land and pays the land cost to that land owner...

If some old coins are found with some person and police comes to know about it then they seize it saying its national property even if those coins have been that persons ancestrol property...

Even i'm scared to revel in public what all coins i have...

--

My Blog - http://india-coin.blogspot.com/
◄↕→PJ←↕►

August 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PR
Limited Member

@PJ..very relevant question hope some member got the answer and provide us with that

--

August 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

@PR : Hmmm.. Hope government doesn't have some rules regarding possessing antique materials like old coins though they have some for other antique materials.. :(

--

◄↕→PJ←↕►

August 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

Finally got some info about rules related to coin as per Indian Laws : 

Read Indian Penal Code,1860 Section 246 to 249

Section 229

Personation of a juror or assessor

Section 230

Coin defined

Section 231

Counterfeiting coin

Section 232

Counterfeiting Indian coin

Section 233

Making or selling instrument for counterfeiting coin

Section 234

Making or selling instrument for counterfeiting Indian coin

Section 235

Possession of instrument, or material for the purpose of using the same for counterfeiting coin

Section 236

Abetting in India the counterfeiting out of India of coin

Section 237

Import or export of counterfeit coin

Section 238

Import or export of counterfeits of the India coin

Section 239

Delivery of coin, possessed with knowledge that it is counterfeit

Section 240

Delivery of Indian coin, possessed with knowledge that it is counterfeit

Section 241

Delivery of coin as genuine, which, when first possessed, the deliverer did not know to be counterfeit

Section 242

Possession of counterfeit coin by person who knew it to be counterfeit when he became possess thereof

Section 243

Possession of Indian coin by person who knew it to be counterfeit when he became possessed thereof

Section 244

Person employed in mint causing coin to be of different weight or composition from that fixed by law

Section 245

Unlawfully taking coining instrument from mint

Section 246

Fraudulently or dishonestly diminishing weight or altering composition of coin

Section 247

Fraudulently or dishonestly diminishing weight or altering composition of Indian coin

Section 248

Altering appearance of coin with intent that it shall pass as coin of different description

Section 249

Altering appearance of India coin with intent that it shall pass as coin of different description

Section 250

Delivery of coin, possessed with knowledge that it is altered

Section 251

Delivery of Indian coin, possessed with knowledge that it is altered

Section 252

Possession of coin by person who knew it to be altered when he became possessed thereof

Section 253

Possession of Indian coin by person who knew it to be altered when he became possessed thereof

Section 254

Delivery of coin as genuine, which, when first possess, the deliverer did not know to be altered

This info i got from a post by a fellow coin collecter on FB
Hope user of ICN will find it useful.

--

◄↕→PJ←↕►

August 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

प्रशांत जैन

one more info for fellow collecters.... Foreign coin collection need some sort of licence

the above conversatation i found on FB.... as per this conversatation we can't have foreign currency without a licence... can anyone tell something about this licence.. like what is it ? how to get it ??

Even i purchased few coins from foreign countries which never reached me... I thought those sellers ditched me but it seems it got caught by custom officeers.. :(

--

◄↕→PJ←↕►

August 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.