India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > URGENT HELP PLEASE, Customs, Postal appraising Department

PR
Limited Member

Your help needed in one issue. one friend of mine from outside India sent me around 15-20 coins of different countries in a registered post almost a month back. total cost of coins won't be more than $30. it got clear from mumbai port. suddenly I received a letter from Customs, Postal appraising Department, Kolkata for that parcel/reg letter, demanding NOC from RBI and Invoice also to be present there by person shortly otherwise it will return or they take it in their possesion. what should I do...plzzz advice soon.

--

August 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Write an application to the superintendent with a separate inventory of all the coins with their present nominal value. Go to their office and explain that you have received them as gift and it was not a business transaction and hence you won't require either IEC or invoice. I have done this couple of times with success.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
August 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

Seriously all this red tape around a bunch of coins sent into the country is an overkill. That's why a lot of companies find it hard to do business in India.  20th century closed India rules to the open world of the 21st century!

August 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.