India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Indian air force 2 rs coin

suvi
Limited Member

i want this coin can any 1 help in this matter plz do ... i am searching this coin for v long time n no body has it , even ebay dont have it .

any body!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lokesh
Limited Member

Hi,

Last month when coin exhibition held in hyderabad there are many coins available @ the cost of around 300 Rs...I hope you may get this in any coin exhibition...

September 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

This Air Force coin is the only circulating commemorative coin that I haven't came across in circulation till date and had to buy it; although my place is a treasure trove for finding commemoratives from circulation (even you are not looking for it :P )

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
September 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

"My place is a treasure trove for finding commemoratives from circulation" 

That's awesome! How's that? You have a store?

September 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

thanx all for the info but can u also suggest me any dealer for who i can buy this ....

@rony wanted to ask  u 1 more thing the coin with new symbole is in ebay at premium , will it come in circulation or not. should i wait for it to come or buy it now ????

September 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

@BC Yup, I do have a store but apart from that I get 1~2 commemorative coins almost daily from normal transactions at Paanwallahs and grocery stores. For some strange reason there is no dearth or circulating commemoratives (CC) at my place Silchar where as I see awful lot of collectors complaining of not finding CCs at their towns and cities from daily transactions. 8)

--
September 11, 2011 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

@Suvi You can buy the Air Force commerative from ebay at inflated rate if you don't know any dealer offline. The lowest offering is at 239. Click here to see all available.

The coins with Rupee symbol are already circulating at my place, mainly the 2 & 5 Rupees coins. In my opinion the 1 & 10 Rupees coins will eventually start circulating. You have to lookout for the 50 Paise coins as I don't think those would see much circulation.

--
September 11, 2011 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

thanx rony a lol.

September 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

inquisitive
Limited Member

kidromeo at September 11, 2011 at 5:07 AM

@Suvi You can buy the Air Force commerative from ebay at inflated rate if you don't know any dealer offline. The lowest offering is at 239. Click here to see all available.

The coins with Rupee symbol are already circulating at my place, mainly the 2 & 5 Rupees coins. In my opinion the 1 & 10 Rupees coins will eventually start circulating. You have to lookout for the 50 Paise coins as I don't think those would see much circulation.

i saw a coin bag full 50 paise at ahmedabad fair recently.

don't know why i did't inquired about the cost.

Do you know where can i get the same,,not on ebay.

September 13, 2011 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Nope

--
September 13, 2011 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Rony Bhai please intimate me about this rs 2 coin and about the two enquiry that i posted yesterday about the rs 5 coin of chidambram and rs 1000 coin. please specify the price and procedure of buying these coins. or they rs2 and 5 coin will be available in market as usaual. thanks

September 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

This two rupees coin was realesed in 2007. Unless you are very lucky to find one from circulation, you have to buy one from dealer.

--
September 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

thanx rony for the info for new symbol coin  i also got 2 rs and 5 rs coin in circulation just few day ago ....hope to got 1 and 10 rs coin too .... wanted to ask u that is 50 p coin has stopped minting or what as on ebay 1 has written it ......

September 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Nope....what's written in Ebay is rubbish. Sellers write all sort of stuff to make you pay more than what things are actually worth. To have a good collection without burning a hole in your pocket one needs to have lots of patience. Try checking at your city's RBI if they are distributing new 50p.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 22, 2011 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

suvi
Limited Member

thanks for tell .... i kind of thought the same but still need to conform it ...

September 22, 2011 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Anytime :) Keep me in mind if you happen to find some spares and feeling benevolent :D

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 23, 2011 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.