India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Mules and Varieties > C Subramaniam Varieties

Arjun Arora
Limited Member

i wnted to know wats exactly difference between c subramaniam bombay mint nd kolkata mint... its very difficult to know the difference bcos sm ppl say dat d coins of bom. mint  has no mint mark by mistake... they also says that it is a difference of polishing ... cn sm1 one plzz clear this doubt by posting the image.....  or is  anybody hving bombay mint coins of c subramaniam

September 12, 2011 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

As you can see, the above C.Subramaniam coin belongs to Bombay mint and comes with a mint mark. Although there has been widespread reports that the Bombay mint has minted the coins without mint mark; quite frankly, if there is no way to differentiate coins of two different mints, we can care less.
--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
September 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Arjun Arora
Limited Member

r u hving bombay mint coins of subramaniam rony ... cn u gv me sm

September 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

The coin is not mine neither I have any.

--
September 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Hi Rony...

I have many coins of Mumbai mint.... let me know if need them....

[Edit: See Forum Rules 3.2]

September 15, 2011 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Thanks Deepak. I will keep you in mind when I am able to swap something for it :)

--
September 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mohamed Ibrahim
Limited Member

ok

rony i want to say something about these coin mumbai without mint mark and calcutta mint coin, i have these 2 coins mumbai mint is well polished and calutta mint dual polish . if u want to examine these two coin i can send it to you. post for mailing address so that i can send these two coins to u and explain the difference

--

8)

September 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Mohamed, coin planchet polishing variations are not considered varieties (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In our case, we can't definiately take coin planchet polishing variations in account to differentiate between coins of two different mints as sometimes different batches of coins from same mint have dissimilar polishing. That's just my opinion. Let's wait and see how Krause classifies them.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.