India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > British India > Baldwin's Auction of British India coins : Sep 29th

broken compass
Limited Member

A fantastic collection of coins on sale! The only problem is I dont have so many 0000's in my wallet!

http://www.baldwin.co.uk/media/cms/auction-archive/auction-71/Indian%20Coins%20Lots%201489-1631.pdf

September 14, 2011 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Awesome stuff on offer. Wish I had the $$$$ to even think about buying any :(

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 15, 2011 at 4:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

Totally! I would love to get my hands on them pattern sets! 

September 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

I bid on 7 lots with a price higher than the highest estimate. I didn't win one single one of them. :(

October 6, 2011 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Tough luck man.....even too many non-Indian worldwide have now realized Indian coins as good investment items.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

October 7, 2011 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

I was speaking to a coin dealer and he told me that Indian coins have been one of the most under valued coins and they were sold for a % above melt until a few decades ago like bullion. Because of India's economic growth and Indians with disposable incomes (because of the growth) the demand for Indian coins go up. Because of this trend a lot of investors started investing in indian coins pushing the prices higher. He told me that there is still potential for price increases.

Please note that this is the case of rarities and high grade coins because this Baldwins auction featured a lot of coins that are very hard to come by. This does not apply to all Indian coins.

October 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

I remember 4~5 years back when I was trying to sell off some proof sets that I had; a Canadian collector gave me a low ball offer. I explained to him that with a billion+ population, low mintage and rich middle class, Indian coins would see price appreciation unmatched to any other country; little did I expected that it would happen so soon :D

--

October 7, 2011 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.