India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > British India > 1862(B) 1/4 Anna

broken compass
Limited Member

I am trying to find a good example(online) of a 1862 (B) with the V on shoulder but I have been unable to find one online or anywhere else. Has anyone seen this online or does anyone have this coin? If you do, can you please post a picture?

October 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Harry
Limited Member

broken compass, were you able to find any info on this? I would be interested to know what you found.

December 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

I found out that there is a V on the shoulder of the queen. I had a coin with V on the shoulder but I couldn't locate it for very long and I noticed it at last. Here is a picture of my coin. Look closely for the V.

December 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Harry
Limited Member

How rare are these? I just saw that in Krause they are priced like 1862 1/4 Annas, actually they are priced lower. Then again, I don't trust Krause's prices or their relative prices. Oddly enough I just got a price list from a dealer today who has listed this coin for $59 in Unc (red and brown). Your coin really looks good!

December 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

broken compass
Limited Member

It's the going price for 1862 1/4 annas in UNC + grades in the raw. It's a great price as long as it has clean fields and dont have a lot of marks!!! 

I haven't seen many of these, probably because not many know to look for the incuse V and it gets mixed up with other 1862 1/4 annas all the time.

December 4, 2011 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.