India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Seen any New Rupee Symbol 50 paise in circulation?

PR
Limited Member

If you have got one such from circulation then please name your city/place, because at Kolkata it is still evading and roadside price Rs. 20/ piece

--

October 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr.Abhishek
Limited Member

PR at October 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM

If you have got one such from circulation then please name your city/place, because at Kolkata it is still evading and roadside price Rs. 20/ piece

Hi,

I'm from delhi and have got some known in the banks and they say that the banks including SBI is not in favour of asking the reserve bank for the 50 paise coins and hence it might not even circulate.. Even I got my only 50 paisa piece at 10 rupee..

cheers:)

October 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

You are quite right Doc. Even at my place when I asked some banks the reason behind unavailibility of 50 paise and 10 Rupees coins, they said their primary customers (merchant syndicates) are not interested in these two denomination of coins; hence they are unwilling to source these two denominations from RBI.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

October 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

PR at October 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM

If you are willing to buy in bulk, Calcutta RBI got to have jute bags of 2011 50 paise coins because Guwahati RBI has it and they get supply from Calcutta RBI.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

October 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hrishikesh
Limited Member

Yup, My aunt who works in SBI said she has not seen it. Normally she sees all the coins quite early on  . Stunned with the prices on Ebay !!! I am glad that you said it is available for 20 Rupees coz I was going to buy it for much more . Will wait a while I think and I'm sure the price will drop on ebay too !!!

--

Hrishikesh :)

October 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rockingdevil
Limited Member

hi

guyz i bought the 50 paise R coin for 5rs each . mumbai mint coin

October 16, 2011 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr.Abhishek
Limited Member

congrats rocking devil.... but I suggest those who want the 50 paise coin should buy atleat 1 piece @ 10-15 rupee( 10 rupee is not a big amount) and can have extra if the prices come down coz this coin is not gonna circulate...

October 16, 2011 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rockingdevil
Limited Member

thnx dr.abhishek 

may i know the reason why this 50 paise will not to circulation .....perhaps i suppose its because of its size

October 17, 2011 at 6:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr.Abhishek
Limited Member

The reason as I told earlier that there is very limited things one can buy with it.. so even the banks are not enthusiastic about getting them from reserve bank..

October 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.