India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Status on Rabindranath 150 years commemorative coin...

NS
Limited Member

Vinay at December 29, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Can anybody update on when the delivery for the coins would start. I have mailed them thrice and they have not responded even when caleed they are not available.

Please advise on the necessary procedure for when they would deliver the sets.

Thanks

Vinay

HI,

I BOOKED MY RABINDRANATH PROOF SET IN AUGUST 2011. HAS ANYBODY GOT IT FROM KOLKATA MINT ? 

PLZ RESPOND ONLY IF YOU  HAVE GOT THE COINS BOOKED IN AUGUST 2011 

January 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

coinhobbies
Limited Member

as per their booking advertisement, deliveries will commence after 6 months from date of  closing. deliveries should begin around second week of march 2012.

kolkata mint shipped louis braille proof by Blue Dart. for some reasons order details are not regularly updated on their website.

hope it helps.:)

January 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

I finally received the proof set yesterday. The delivery invoice is dated March 16, so the deliveries started recently I guess.

Really beautiful set. Worth the wait of 6 months !!!

March 20, 2012 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Two of my Friends have received the Delivery of sets two days back. The 5 Rupees coin single coin delivery is still pending.

March 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NS
Limited Member

I RECEIVED THE COINS WHICH I BOOKED IN AUGUST 2011 ON 23RD MARCH 2012. 

COULD ANYONE SPOT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UNC AND PROOF COINS OF THE RABINDRANATH RS150/-

I DID SEE BOTH THE COINS, BUT THERE WERE NO DIFFERENCES EXCEPT FROM THE COVER WHERE YOU CAN IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS PROOF OR UNC.

March 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Proof coins can be easily distinguished from business strikes as the have mirror finished planchet (coin surface) and frosted devices (letterings and other raised artwork).

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
March 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vijay
Limited Member

I received the C. Subramaniam Coin Sets from mumbai mint but  still waiting for Rabindra nath tagore  coin booked earlier.

May 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Received delivery of Rabimdranath Tagore 5 rupee coin delivery.

May 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Hi, Rony. Is it possible to arrange Mother Teresa Coins n Rabindernath Tagor coin.

--

Vivek Rohilla

May 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prasad Iyengar
Limited Member

I spoke to them 2 days back. They said the delivery is going to start from 15th May 2012 and go on till end of Jul 2012.

So hopefully you can get your coins before that time.

However, what I am actually surprised is that these coins are up for sale on eBay.

I am just wondering how these people could get it before any of us could get.

When checked with Kolkata Mint on the same, they mentioned that they have not despatched even 1 single coin and chances are that the coins may be fake. However, there are atleast 3-4 vendors who are selling the 150 Rs coin on ebay at 6000 Rs. Any idea how they could get it?

Thanks

Prasad

[email protected]

--
May 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.