India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Hyderabad Mint: New Booking

kansal888
Limited Member

India Govt Mint Hyderabad has started booking of all the comemmorative coins issued by it in last few years:

Commonwealth Games (Rs 2 + Rs5)

Lousi Braille (Rs 2)

Mother Teresa (Rs 5)

Rabindranath Tagore (Rs 5)

Brighadeshwar Temple (Rs 5)

C Subramaniam (Rs 5)

Dr Rajendra Prasad (Rs 5)

Bhagat Singh (Rs 5)

Income Tax (Rs 5)

Gur Ta Gaddi (Rs 10)

The price of each coin is Rs250 -Rs 300. The booking is open from 14 Dec 11 to 29 Feb 12.

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

December 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Anil Shukla
Limited Member

Hi Friend,

Please tell me how to book coin online.

December 14, 2011 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

You can book online http://igmhyderabad.spmcil.com/SPMCIL/Interface/SellableProducts.aspx

Vivek

December 14, 2011 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nishant gupta

hey

i've a few doubts. can anyone please help me?

Are these UNC sets or Proof sets?

Will there be any difference in the coins being issued by Hyderabad Mint and the normal coins that are in circulation?

I mean is this the only way to get these coins of Hyderabad mint or did they issue for circulation also? Please suggest as i'm confused because of the high price the mint is issuing these for. If this is the only way to get thiese coins then i'll book :)

Thanks and Regards

Nishant

December 14, 2011 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

@Nishant All the coins offered are business strike UNC coins. The strike quality ought to be slightly better than circulating commemoratives.

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

December 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Anil Shukla
Limited Member

@vivek thanks...

:)

December 14, 2011 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nandan L

Having one doubt about the metal of these coins. Will it be a silver coin set or it will be having the same metal as the normal coin metal?

December 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

@Nandan Same metals as circulating commemorative coins

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

December 15, 2011 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

drjay
Limited Member

kansal888 at December 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM

India Govt Mint Hyderabad has started booking of all the comemmorative coins issued by it in last few years:

Commonwealth Games (Rs 2 + Rs5)

Lousi Braille (Rs 2)

Mother Teresa (Rs 5)

Rabindranath Tagore (Rs 5)

Brighadeshwar Temple (Rs 5)

C Subramaniam (Rs 5)

Dr Rajendra Prasad (Rs 5)

Bhagat Singh (Rs 5)

Income Tax (Rs 5)

Gur Ta Gaddi (Rs 10)

The price of each coin is Rs250 -Rs 300. The booking is open from 14 Dec 11 to 29 Feb 12.

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

the offline booking link is getting downloaded in a format which is not opening corrrectly . plz help.

December 15, 2011 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

Hello drjay

Offline booking form is in .doc format...Save the file and open the same. Please ensure you have MS Word. Else send me your e mail id by message I can send you the same.

Vivek

December 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Gur Ta Gaddi coin of 10 Rupees is for Rupees 350/-

December 16, 2011 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yash
Limited Member

Hi Friends,

I am in the process of booking few coins.

Can anyone tell how much time they might take to deliver.

Cheers,

Yash

--

>>> My Collection is Here <<<

December 20, 2011 at 4:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

As the booking advertisement reads, they would start the deliveries within 4~6 months from the closing date ,i.e., 29th February and also they reserve the right to extend this delivery time if required.

--

December 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yash
Limited Member

Thanks @Kidromeo.

I am procceding with the booking :)

--

>>> My Collection is Here <<<

December 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Post Added (Originally posted by HRT) :

"The Hyderabad mint has come out with issue of various comm.coins. The prices charged are exorbitant and abnormally high. Are these coins worth purchases? Are they good investments for appreciation? Can they fetch resonable prices if sold in future?"

December 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

kidromeo at December 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Post Added (Originally posted by HRT) :

"The Hyderabad mint has come out with issue of various comm.coins. The prices charged are exorbitant and abnormally high. Are these coins worth purchases? Are they good investments for appreciation? Can they fetch resonable prices if sold in future?"

The price of coin sets include Excise Duty, VAT and Postage & Handling charges. Also the prices are very low if you proportionately compare them to the 2 coin UNC sets from Calcutta and Bombay mints.

Hyderbad mint last took single coin bookings back in December 2009 and each set was sold for Rs.150. Now, those sets sells at 300 buck upwards. Now speculating that the level of appreciation would remain the same, it's upto you to decide whether 100% appreciation over period of 2 years is good enough for you.

--

December 26, 2011 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HRT
Limited Member

Thanks a lot Mr.Rony. You helped me in deciding in favour of purchasing the coins.

December 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

girish

I HAVE A DOUBT FEW MONTHS AGO WHEN I WENT TO RESERVE BANK IN CHENNAI THEY WHERE CIRCULATING BRIGHADESHWAR TEMPLE 5 RS COIN BULK ARE THESE COINS AND THE COINS WHICH THE HYDERABAD MINT IS SELLING  ARE SAME?

January 4, 2012 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

drjay
Limited Member

FRIENDS HYD MINT HAS NOT MENTIONED THE BRANCH OF PAYABLE BANK. CAN U HELP ME/

January 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

The branch to pay would be Hyderabad  :D

--

January 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.