India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > MOTHER TERESA COMMEMORATIVE COIN SET

NATAVIATOR
Limited Member

Has anyone recieved the set. It was to be delivered by Oct 11 but has not been delivered yet.

January 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ANILKUMAR MORARKA
Limited Member

NATAVIATOR at January 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Has anyone recieved the set. It was to be delivered by Oct 11 but has not been delivered yet.

yes i  have received it but had to pay octroi charges @ 3% levied by maharashtra state govt. [Edited]. if you need any help can mail your details to me 

January 11, 2012 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NATAVIATOR
Limited Member

Thanx Anil. One set of coins was booked in the name of my wife Major Chitra Subhas in April 2011. She had forwarded all the drafts(Four drafts for the four different sets) in April 2011. She has recieved the other three coins namely Louis Braille, Commonwealth Games and Rabindranath Tagore. However, Mother Teresa coin set has not been delivered till date. The draft details are- AXIS BANK DD No 012708 dated 07 Apr 11 drawn in favour of INDIA GOVERNMENT MINT, KOLKATA, A UNIT OF SPMCIL. The DD amount was for Rs 3350/- for 1 UNC set. I have written two letters to the effect but have got no response. I would be greatful if you could help.

January 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Gotten my UNC set delivered yesterday by Blue Dart courier. :)

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
February 16, 2012 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

kidromeo at February 16, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Gotten my UNC set delivered yesterday by Blue Dart courier. :)

Rony, is UNC always your preference? Being a newbie into this hobby, wanted to learn from your views on what is better - UNC or Proof? I understand this is also on personal prefence, but I dont really get the benefit of having one over the other.

Thanks,Vishal

February 16, 2012 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

That is correct. Mine is a personal collector preference but from investment point of view, Proof coins outweighs UNCs. Ideally, a hardcore collector would prefer to collect both but one has to decide at the beginning of his collection something he/she can sustain in the long run considering resulting financial implications. You can see more discussions regarding this topic here.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
February 17, 2012 at 3:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

Very helpful Rony. Thank you very much. I'm going for proof all the times. I guess for a couple of hundred rupees more, its better to go with proof, at least at the start when I am not going to order both proof and UNC.

February 17, 2012 at 4:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.