India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Attribution Help > Can you identify these 4 coins?

coinfreak
Limited Member

I've 4 coins out of which 2 are almost unreadable, but still I tried taking close up pictures if anyone can guess what these coins are. Your help will be greatly appreciated:

Coin 1

coin 2

coin 3

coin 4

February 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

coinfreak
Limited Member

I was just going through other posts and so many of you seem to me "Masters" in identifying coins. How come no one has identified my coins yet? :( Silence is breaking my patience! I hope someone can come up with some information about these coins.

February 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Please, use some patience. Not everybody is on-line every minute of the day. Usually a question will be answered within a few hours at most. But if your question is not answered immediately, be patient. Some members only visit the site every few days.

I would however recommend you post it in other ancient or medieval coin forums if no one attributes them in next couple of days since ICN is essentially a niche forum of modern Indian coin collectors.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
February 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

coinfreak
Limited Member

kidromeo at February 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Please, use some patience. Not everybody is on-line every minute of the day. Usually a question will be answered within a few hours at most. But if your question is not answered immediately, be patient. Some members only visit the site every few days.

I would however recommend you post it in other ancient or medieval coin forums if no one attributes them in next couple of days since ICN is essentially a niche forum of modern Indian coin collectors.

Thanks rony, I appreciate your response. I'll follow on what you suggested.

February 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bijeet1982

UNKNOWN ,UNLISTED, METAL PEICES.OK THATS THE IDENTIFICATION I CAN MAKE.

February 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

coinfreak
Limited Member

well I was able to get it identified from other forums. Here is the result. :) I hope it will add knowledge in this forum for this perticular type of coin.

Coin no.s 1 and 2 are of Nawanagar. They are issued imitating the style of Gujarat sultan Muzaffir shah. On the bottom, "Sree Jama" can be seen struck in Devanagari script. Jama stands for Jamnagar which was the capital city and the princely state was known by its capital.Presence of this legend is confirmatory of its origin from Nawanagar. Coin struck around 1850 with frozen date AH(9)78

The denomination of the coin should be Dokdo or One and a half dokdo. More inforamtion for coin 1:

http://www.ngccoin.com/poplookup/WorldCoinPrices.aspx?category=130277&worldcoinid=331435

February 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

Thanks for the enlightenment coinfreak :)

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

February 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.