India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > What's It Worth > Queen Victoria silver coin 1879 Whats its cost should be!!

abhilyall
Limited Member

Hi friends I wanted to know the value of queen victoria 1 Re coin of 1879. Please help me out.

[ EDITED: See Forum Rules #8 ]

March 16, 2012 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Site Owner

Your coin appears counterfeit to me. Anyway the price in VF ranges from 1200~1400.

--
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over" 
March 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

I concur. Look at the nose, hair, the "Fluer De Lis" is wrong on the crown, and lips for starters. Look at the flowers on the reverse at say 10 oclock, and 2 oclock. Very rounded. This is a good forgery a 100+ years ago, but now that people are not using this money. It's much more scrutinized especially by collectors. Back long ago, the trade business is fast. Nobody had time to really look at the details of the currency so it was "passable" at the time. Think if you were a merchant at night, and there was no lighting. Only lighting by cadle or torch.  I myself as a merchant would of thrown it into the register without hesitation, and issued change as needed. But, the next morning when I was counting my money. I may of not been so happy-  

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

March 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mahesh
Limited Member

Surely this one pictured here is a fake coin! As far as the market price is concerned, for a decent grade, you will need to pay about ~1300. Year 1879 does not fall into one of those rare years...

March 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RAJOO2050
Limited Member

FOR THOSE WHO ARE CALLING THIS AS A FAKE ......... can somebody post a snap of original coin ??? or suggest a suitable link so that others amy also learn

November 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

well, this coin is 100% fake due to edge design i have also this coin and there is lots of difference in original and this coin. and the price of the original coin is Rs. 1050 - 1150. if it is in fine condition then it may be Rs 1300/- maximum.

--

Vivek Rohilla

November 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.