India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Booking Of 1000 rs coin begins

gvvaidya
Limited Member

Yes I too have booked sets of Proof Coins...hope to get it when the mint starts delivering it..

July 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anil G
Limited Member

Vishal at July 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Anil G at July 5, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Thanks for the info Vishal!! :)

One more query-- is it really take 9 months for Mumbaimint dept. to complete the order, or we will get it sooner than that ?

Thanks in Advance!

I've not booked a lot of sets so far, but my experience says that it may not take full 9 months. I think they're trying to be safe. I got the C. Subramaniam and Income Tax coins in 4 months (and so did most others). The Rabindranath Tagore set did took 6 months though.

Between 4 of our mints, they've printed about 30 sets in the last 7-8 years. That puts the average 4 sets a year. Process management says that they need to wrap up things in 6 months to stay lean and clean :-).

I do wish though that I was staying in Mumbai and could get the coins OTC.

Thanks for the info VIshal!!!

July 6, 2012 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ashish
Limited Member

Hi All,

Clearing all doubts raised

Details of coins:

Denomination     Weight     Shape     Size           Composition

a) Rs.1000               35 gms   Circular    44 mm      Silver Alloy : Silver 80 %, Copper 20 %

b) Rs.5                         6gms.  Circular    23 mm       Nickel Brass:Copper 75 %, Zinc 20% &           Nickel 5 %

Delivery Time: They claim 9 months, but dispatch starts from 6 month onward

Mail Confirmation: After coin booking user are getting only confirmation with booking ID on the registered mail id. No further mail is shared.

July 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rajendra Rajani,

palaniappan at July 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

proof set 4775

UNC  4435

My nephew saw a 1000 rupees coin, but not sure if it is the same. In any case he says it is bigger than the 100s and 150s

July 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anil G
Limited Member

1000 rupee coin's Weight and Diameter (size) will be the same as 100 rupee coin of "100 YEARS OF INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH’ and ‘100 YEARS OF CIVIL AVIATION IN INDIA"

Only differance is in 1000 rupee coin Silver % is 80 as compare to 50% in 100 rupee coin

July 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chandra Duddukuri

Did any one received the Confirmation email for online transcation?

July 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anil G
Limited Member

I have received confirmation e-mail from Mumbai mint on 19th July

July 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RM.Lakshmanan
Limited Member

palaniappan at July 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM

The much awaited  coin is available for booking from mumbai mint

Mr.Palaniyappan, Yes the booking is on and I have alsoo booked proof set. Well. I am taking this chance to get an expert opinion. Is the one JJ collection at Mumbai is an authenticated Seller/ buyer in all faces? Being a raw beginner am asking this question. Much thankful to have your advice.

Thanks and Regards.

RM Lakshmanan.

Coimbatore

August 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RM.Lakshmanan
Limited Member

Mr.Palaniyappan, Fine. I have also booked a Pragdeeshwar Proof set. Am taking this opportunity to get your Expert opinion. Is the one "JJ collections" at Mumbai is an authenticated Seller/Buyer of coins in all faces? Being a raw beginner am asking this. Much thankful to have your Advice.

Thanks and Regards.

RM Lakshmanan, Coimbatore

August 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

palaniappan

RM.Lakshmanan at August 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Mr.Palaniyappan, Fine. I have also booked a Pragdeeshwar Proof set. Am taking this opportunity to get your Expert opinion. Is the one "JJ collections" at Mumbai is an authenticated Seller/Buyer of coins in all faces? Being a raw beginner am asking this. Much thankful to have your Advice.

Thanks and Regards.

RM Lakshmanan, Coimbatore

sorry for the late reply

Nice to hear you have booked proof set

Lakshmanan , i have no idea about JJ collections at mumbai ,

it would be apt to get a reply from any one of this forum , who have delt with JJ collections ds

regards

palaniappan

August 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Divya

Hi All, 

I am new to the site and coin collection too... Thanks for having me. 

I recenttly ordered the Rs1000 Coins and got the order and payment detail from the mumbai mint. But didnt got the order confirmation. Is it safe too order .. I am confussed can you pl. guide me.

Thanks

August 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

In almost all my bookings, I haven't received a formal receipt of booking. All that I get is an acknowledgement right after the booking. I think its safe enough most of the time, and one would still get the coin.

Also, the mint has extended the booking time for the Brihadeehwarar coin. It was supposed to end today, but there's an advert is TOI today announcing the extension of the booking to 29-9.

This is either because the mint wants to earn more money or did not got bookings as it expected.

August 31, 2012 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Noooooo, i hate the our Indian mints, they should have pre determined target for mintage and it should be publicly published in the ads, neither they keep some mintage limit nor they ensure that the coins are minted only once, they mint and remint coins as per their wish :|

August 31, 2012 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

I tried to do a fake booking and the booking number that I got was 25936. My assumption looking at my booking numbers say that they are already at almost twice the booking number compared to ICMR and Civil Aviation. Not sure what else they are waiting for that forced them to extend the booking. Losers. I'd have to wait a month more to get my set now.

August 31, 2012 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Please someone tell me from where they got the news of extended as mumbai mint notice still showing the same date and by tommorow we can get confirmation.

and yes, govt agencies now using booking of coins as a tool of collection of money. and one can see that the prices of the coins are too high. in this coin we are going to get the silver of worth Rs 1400(approx). and mint is not going to die few hundered coins. everybody knows it will issue in thousands multiple. so the other cost will not be so high. so the total price is charged by mint is more.

secondly, the date or time is not fixed by mint even after paying such amount every custome or collecter does not know how and when he will get the coin. it is just like order and forget situation. no confirmation through sms or contact made by mint who booked the coin. I thing they are still using the old indian pattern of working.

but what we can do except wait.

ok be cool, everbody will get his coin sooner or later.

gudnite friends

--

Vivek Rohilla

August 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

its mentioned in TOI dated 31st Aug.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/skins/TOINEW/navigator.asp?Daily=TOIM&showST=true&login=default&pub=TOI#

Check at the bottom

Source:TOI

Vivek

September 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Yep, the coins still there on mumbai mint website :(

September 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anil G
Limited Member

So it means they will start minting coins after 29-9 and then we will get it? 

September 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

@Anil

No that may not be the case...in previous releases coin were available at Mumbai counter when booking was going on or Just finished..They might have already started minting...sooner you may get them at Mumbai Mint counter...

But surely if someone books now they will have to wait longer than who have booked earlier.

Vivek

September 3, 2012 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrPRBPrasad

The coin is of the same size as Rs 100/- hundred coin.I have sent  form to I G Mint, Fort,Mumbai.Thanks

September 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.