India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > What's It Worth > what is the price of Half Anna 1835 coin & 1900 one rupee silver coin?

Aniruddha

i think the 1901 one rupee silver coin is worth approx 1000-1500, i dontk know about the 1835 half anna coin, any information on it will be appreciated.

July 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Cant anybody give some info on the value & rarity of Half Anaa 1835 coin? also correct me if im wrong about the value of 1 rupee(1900) queen victoria silver coin.

July 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

I am hearing a different tune from the sellers off late. They're saying that the market value of most of these coins seems to have gone down recently. One of them offered the Victoria Silver rupees for 1200 to me, which was quoting at 1350 plus a few months back. Not sure about the Half Anna coin though.

July 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Vishal at July 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I am hearing a different tune from the sellers off late. They're saying that the market value of most of these coins seems to have gone down recently. One of them offered the Victoria Silver rupees for 1200 to me, which was quoting at 1350 plus a few months back. Not sure about the Half Anna coin though.

i wouldnt agree on that, the market value for these coins wont decrease as there are a limited no of coins, of course + or - few 100 bucks depending on coin cost and ur bargain skills, if they are offering at very low prices beware it mite be a counterfeit coin, better to deal with other collectors than buying from sellers or coin shops.

July 11, 2012 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

I don't buy these coins from the dealers, I only buy them directly from the holders. In some of the smaller towns in Gujarat, we tend to find out sellers like that who normally sell when they're divinding up the family coin holdings or take up any large expenses. However, dealers are a good point to find out prices for sure. Last time I bought these coins for 1300 when the dealers were quoting 1400 and right now the dealers are quoting 1200. This is not an exacy science unfortunately, and the prices are very subjective.

If you are getting better or lesser prices, certainly share with the forum, I am sure quite a few people would benefit.

July 11, 2012 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

also you can get a better price, if u have a set of 1ruppee, 1/2 rupee, 1/4 rupee silver coins, the sets are valued higher than individual coins.

July 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.