India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Timings of Mumbai Mint Counter & what is the Best time to go

Chandra Duddukuri

Hello All,

What is the Mumbai Mint Counter Operating timings?

what is the Best day/time to visit the counter?

Any suggestions or Inputs on this?

Thanks in Advance...

-Chandra

July 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chandra Duddukuri

Some one who already went to Mumbai mint can give some tips about the timings..... which will be usefull for those who want to do purchase at Mumbai Mint Counter like:

at what time should be at the Mint( to be first in Q-Line)....etc...

Thanks in advance to the guy's going to reply :)

July 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vyda Rajasekhar
Limited Member

friend, Mumbai mint counter timeing is 1000am to 1200 am every day except sunday. First u inform at trhe mint gate and enter ur name and address id proof in the gate register , then the gate security staff give u empty form to buy coin sets  and a token number. after filling the form and ur details they will call u by token number. u can buy with cash, credit card, debit card or bank cheque or dd. u should carry ur PAN card also.

July 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

hello,

how many sets can one purchase, the website says a person can purchase only one proof set at counter, is it strictly followed? also can u tell me should i queue up from 9- 9.30 at the mint or there wont be much crowd.

Thanks in Advance:)

July 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Dear Friends,

The mint issues 20/25 tokans per day on a first come first basis.

Queue for the tokan starts around 9 / 9:30. As per the queue first 20 names are registered for tokan along with their mobile number and location of Residence. in rare cases 5 more tokans are issued.

Tokans are issued by 10 am.

The Mint Coin selling counter timing is 10 am to 12 pm. Monday to Friday. Counter remains closed on Weekends and Bank Holidays.

Pan Card is must and the physical presence of the Pan Card holder is also compulsary.

One can buy one variety of each set (Either Proof or UNC set) on his Pan card from the list of coins available and the moce of payment is only thru Credit or Debit Card.

Hope this clarifies all your doubts for Mumbai Mint Coin selling Counter.

Deepak Kothari

+91 98 70060065

July 12, 2012 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deepak Kothari
Limited Member

Please feel free to talk to me for any doubts or clarifications and shall try to give you the best of my knowledge.

July 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

Thanks Deepak, this is helpful information

July 12, 2012 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chandra Duddukuri

The Below is the point from Mumbai Mint Counter Sale Terms & COnditions:

If a person chooses to buy a set in executive or special category, then he will be left with an option to buy another UNC set only from the other themes on offer. However in addition to the above he can choose to buy a single coin and Indian coinage new series set.

What is the single coin refered here?

can any one explain with example?

Thanks in Advance

-Chandra

July 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

i read information about the themes of coins. what are these coins and what is the purpose of it. please informe the price of these various themes coins.

secondaly what are these themes. please informe me.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

July 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

I have to purchase Mothor Teresa coin. then what to do as the prices of the coins are not mentioned in the given information. how i know the dd amount.

and what is the difference in between executive catagory, special catagory, unc. which one is best to buy. please informe me as soon as possible so that i can put the things in the process.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

July 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chandra Duddukuri

Respective Occassion/Cermony = a new Theme

The Price and stock availablity is displayed at Mumbai Mint Counter.

Executive and Special categories contain proof sets with special packaging:), no special difference.

http://www.indiacoinnews.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7884586-what-is-the-difference-between-executive-special-proof-unc-coins

-Chandra

July 17, 2012 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

As I belong to Haryana then how can i purchase theze coins, plz suggest me the way to purchase the coins.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

July 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

i suggest u purchase from ebay, or put an ad in this forum asking people to contact you privately, if u choose to go to Mumbai there is one important thing to be considered:

1. Are they still selling your theme of coins at counter.( they sell only limited no of coins at counter for each theme.)

overall ull be able to get that coin at decent price in ebay or from others,it hink one or two thousands more than what they r selling at counter.

July 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chandra Duddukuri

Is any one having info on the below link.  Is mumbai mint people updating every day? or is it vary with the counter information?

http://www.mumbaimint.in/coincounter.aspx

Thanks in Advance.

-Chandra.

July 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrPRBPrasad

I fail to appreciate the attitude of Mint Authority- they will issue just 20-25 coins set per day.People go there after spending time & money and  are denied supply on reaching there-this amounts to great torture and encourages black marketing.Prices of Mint Coins are already very high.Can We appeal/ approach Mint Authority to come forward with simpler and convenient method

September 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adthak

Counter timings at Mint are 10-12 am except Sat , Sun & Holidays.....Per person only 1 Proof & ! UNC set of a particular theme is allowed to be purchased per person....Draft or crdit card required. List of coins available varies daily. They do not answer the phone and if you are lucky, they do not tell you which coins are available on a particular day. very difficult for out of Mumbai persons to come and buy.

--
September 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.