India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > British India > GUESS WHAT THE 1939 RUPEE WILL SELL FOR SEPTEMBER 2012

anand
Limited Member

My guess is around 10-12K. Last time at Baldwin's it sold for a slightly lower price as the quality was not that good( if I remember correctly). this would have been worth more if some idiot had not tried cleaning it up

And yes Cranko you do have a beautiful specimen of this one on eBay!. I do not know what I would give to get that, if only I had that kind of money to spare!

regards

unnut

September 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

cranko at August 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

cranko at August 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Aniruddha at August 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Yep, thats right, im sure i can sell even my UNC 1901 queen victoria one rupee coin for 20-30k or put an auction with some history about  it( last silver coin of queen victoria, minted after she died or before controversy, add one more controversy they were withdrawn after the queen died) and see the price grow exponentially.

Coins are nothing but history. Comparing 1901 to 1939 is like comparing apples to oranges. After I wrote that story I ran it by one of the most respected numismatists in the world that knows much about India. I'm not going to name drop, but he mentioned how I left the story open for the reader to extract his or her information, and it's information to ponder. I also had the help of a collector's that have oceans of information, and I gave proper credit to all those that helped me write/think up the story.  I guess your 24 words for 1901, and my 4500 words for 1939 carry the weight. I am a salesman no doubt. But, I keep my morals, and those don't get sold. You can choose do whatever with yours as you please- Regards        

your words: above and below: 

Aniruddha: Hello Sanjay, we are posting our replies since you asked us , when you ask something, you should be ready to accept both positive and negative replies, please stop being hostile and stop defending each and every reply, anyway i admire the way u have marketed this coin , however i must say it isnt worth that much"

my words start with: "Coins are nothing but history.....

Yep, that's wrong. I am 100% certain that Aniruddha CANNOT sell his UNC one 1901 queen victoria for more than 3000-4000 RUPEES. Add a slab by NGC, and you will add another 1000 Rupees. So 5000 RS tops or put it in some not so reputable auction that could dupe the new buyer, and tell him that it's a "FANTASTIC INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY", put in some accuracies like "This is a HIGHEST minted coin in the Victoria series, and MANY are available in this condition by the carload, they may still be striking them which is a controversy, and tell the uneducated buyer that "THE PRICE WILL GROW EXPONENTIALLY" beacause there are millions and millions of them readily available which is another controversy, and that the queen herself touched this coin without any evidence. Brilliant Plan!     

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

Aniruddha at August 31, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Hello Sanjay, we are posting our replies since you asked us , when you ask something, you should be ready to accept both positive and negative replies, please stop being hostile and stop defending each and every reply, anyway i admire the way u have marketed this coin , however i must say it isnt worth that much :) 

Hello Anniruddha, I am posting a reply on my behalf beacause it's me. When you write something, you should be ready to accept both positive and negative responses from me. Please stop being passive aggressive, and defend yourself, and not the other guy. You are young. You will figure it out, and I was the same way as a young man. Joining the crowd, and defending everybody with complete loss of my own identity because the crowd is easier to join than thinking on my own. You show a funny way of admiration with your words: 

hot from your fingers and mind below

"Yep, thats right, im sure i can sell even my UNC 1901 queen victoria one rupee coin for 20-30k or put an auction with some history about it( last silver coin of queen victoria, minted after she died or before controversy, add one more controversy they were withdrawn after the queen died) and see the price grow exponentially."

Anything you type you should expect a response from anyone at anytine. You are putting your thoughts out there, and don't assume that nobody will not read them or have an opinion. You say to me "Stop defending every reply" then I can say "Stop reading every reply".  Maybe you should review what you type, and actually think it through. You and your buddy's words are both "lost in translation". Basically you say above that what I did with my marketing is a bunch of crap, and then you compliment me by saying you admire my marketing. Which is it? Whoever reads all this can deduce what you mean but actually only you know how you feel about the marketing, because they are your feelings, governed by you. But, it makes no difference to me. The point of this is that say what you mean, stick to it, and don't hide behind niceties. I am to the point, very passionate about what I do, and if you don't like it. Makes no difference to me. I don't live in a world of 100% pleasant roses. The thorns exist as well- 

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Navonil Mukherjee

sanjay if you have say something to me/about me, say it using my name instade of  "your buddy"..thats insulting...

--

http://mycoinsnavonil.blogspot.in/

http://navonilphillumeny.blogspot.in/

September 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

You guys are buddies. Correct? You guys can discuss me but I cannot discuss you? Is that not rude? I've said it all to you directly, your comments are like minded, and you guys are two peas in a pod. Regards-

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Navonil Mukherjee

cranko at September 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM

You guys are buddies. Correct? You guys can discuss me but I cannot discuss you? Is that not rude? I've said it all to you directly, your comments are like minded, and you guys are two peas in a pod. Regards-

so after all those  you going to "assume" that we are "buddies".....and definetly you can discuss about me...i just said to use my name instade of "your buddy"..hope you read that post understand it properly..and my words are not "lost in translation"...

--

http://mycoinsnavonil.blogspot.in/

http://navonilphillumeny.blogspot.in/

September 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Sanjay/Cranko:  Im enjoying your replies, please keep posting :) :D :P , the way u keep on ranting like a kid ( even kids dont do that these days) ;) , please feel free to find some more words from my earlier or current reply :D and pin point them.

September 3, 2012 at 2:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

Two peas in a pod. You will both "split" soon-  

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

cranko at July 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Post a reply/guess to what you think this coin will bring at auction between the dates of Septemeber 5th and September 10th

obverse:

reverse:

The following link is to HERITAGE AUCTIONS

http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=3020&lotIdNo=116025

Best of luck with your guess!

Edit: Format Changed

Final Hammer price was $12,950

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.