India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Coin Chat > Storage and Maintenance of Coins

nishant gupta

Hi

I haev been collecting Indian coins for past 12-15years. I started by keeping aside any coin which use to be different from others in any way (design, year wise, mint wise, old big coins (rs 1,2,5)etc. Over the years i have collected more than some 4-5k indian coins or may be more because i have about 5-10 pieces of each type and year. I just kept collecting. For ex i have more than 100- 5 rupee big coins of Indira Gandhi and Jawahar lal Nehru and around 500 big 1 rupee coins. I never collected them for selling but because i fancied them.

So far i have been keeping all my coins in different plastic containers and some coins which i like/cherish or think are rare in individual polythene or small jewellery type boxes. i have never paid much attention to their storage and maintenance.

it will really be helpful if members can share their experience on storing coins. how should one store his collection. which is by far the best way. 

please let me know your  views on storing and maintaining one's collection.

thanks a ton!

August 8, 2012 at 5:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Even im not that good at storing coins,but  i keep the rare precious coins(of my collection :P ) in coin albums which has some polythene partitions for coins and i exibit them in same, rest all coins are stored in some containers, of late im facing problem with aluminium coins stored in containers the surface has some kind of  powdery look.

August 8, 2012 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nishant gupta

@Aniruddha 

thanks. i do the same. i mean i keep my coins - one of each type in coin albums. what i'm worried about is extra coins- the surplus one. Even Currency notes tend to get yellowish if stored normally in envelops etc. I also want to learn proper way to store notes. :(

August 8, 2012 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

i keep my notes in a polythene pouch, they are crisp and intact so far, i place the polythene pouch in books or albums so that the notes retain the crispness, colouring and one more thing never fold the notes.

August 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

sorry to diviate from the topic. and i am not using this site for sale or purchase. but, being a member of this coummunity I need your help.

as Nishant told that He  keeps no of coins of one types. i need certain coins however they are not so special or unique. if anybody of you is interested in giving me coins(money exchange),  than i can tell you which type of coins i need. 

plz don't say no reason being in our area nobody has seen these coins. even some of my friends are shopkeepers. that's why i am requesting you guys to help me in collection of these coins.

i will be very thankfull to you

--

Vivek Rohilla

August 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

I understand your point vivek, but as per forum rules you have to post this in buy/sell section of this site or send private messages to us, just post ur requirements in that section, im sure many site members will help u :)

August 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member
Thanks Anirudh
--

Vivek Rohilla

August 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nishant gupta

Hey sorry Vivek, as i wrote, i dont intend to sell any coin. But i can suggest you a coin dealer in delhi. i dont have his number as i lost my cell a few months back, but can tell u where he sits. His name is Vijay and he sits outside Moti Mahal (a very famous restuarant in daryaganj, delhi) on every sunday from around 10am to 6pm. You can get almost all the coins of pre and post independence that too at a very good price. Also he can arrange for any particular coin you may need. 

Hope this will be helpful.

--

Nishant Gupta

August 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.