India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Coin Chat > Bangalore Coin Exhibition

nishant gupta

Hello, 

Is anyone from ICN community attending the bangalore fair this weekend. 

The exhibition is being organized by Karnataka Numismatic Society Exhibition along with Oswal Auctions.

Below are the details of the exhibition cum Auction. 

Exhibition Date; 31th August to 2th September.

Place:  Bangalore

Venue: Shikshak Sadan, opp. Cauvery Bhavan, K G Road, Bangalore

Contact Mr. Mahesh Jambulingam - 94480 80502 Mr. Suresh - 96119 44883

For more details check this link : http://www.oswalauctions.com/PrintedAuction.aspx#Auc2

--

Nishant Gupta

August 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CravI

nishant gupta at August 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Hello, 

The exhibition is being organized by Karnataka Numismatic Society Exhibition along with Oswal Auctions.

For more details check this link : http://www.oswalauctions.com/PrintedAuction.aspx#Auc2

Yeah, am attending and this is the 2nd exhibition in this year that i am attending!!!!!!8) And looking forward too!!

Rony Kidman is an Arrogant!!!!

CravI

August 30, 2012 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nishant gupta

CravI at August 30, 2012 at 6:25 AM

nishant gupta at August 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Hello, 

Yeah, am attending and this is the 2nd exhibition in this year that i am attending!!!!!!8) And looking forward too!!

Rony Kidman is an Arrogant!!!!

CravI

Hi Cravl, we can meet at the exhibition. You can mail/ping me at [email protected] and can decide on date and timings to meet.

--

Nishant Gupta

August 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pratik Shah

Hey, I am also planning to attend it. I am in Bangalore now. If we are planning to have a kind of get together then here is my email id. [email protected]

Thanks & Regards

Pratik Shah

August 31, 2012 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Hello guys, since its a weekday i couldnt attend it  :( ,kindly share  ur experience at the  exhibition  :)

August 31, 2012 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CravI

Attended first day!! It was good, auctions!! Bought Coins Accessories. And will be going again sunday. And BTW met a lady, who is also Numi, had a great time talking with her about our stuff!! Hope I will meet you both!!!!!

September 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pratik Shah

Hey, I went there on Saturday. Actually I was very disappointed by looking at the number of counters there. Only six counters were there. And also not so much of the collection. Though I bought few currency notes holders and few coins.

I have been to Ahmedabad's coin exhibition whenever it happens and that normally used to very big with at least 20 to 25 counters.

Thanks & Regards

Pratik Shah

September 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

The Ahmedabad fair this time was pretty big, but then it looked like a hard core seller market. One could clearly feel "inferior" among all the sellers where they was almost no activity except buying and selling. The sellers were quoting too high to see something and too low for purchasing something. I got a sense that they are less interested to buy and more to sell. Maybe they had stocked up hard before the coin exhibition.

The other thing that I felt from last weekend's auction at Bangalore was that the prices of proof/UNC sets went a little too high. The prices were at least 25-30% higher than April 2012. Its hard to believe that the prices are increasing so much when you keep hearing from the dealers that the market is getting down off late.

From my last couple of years of small experience in coin collecting, I am getting a feeling that the dealers are a "difficult" community. (Sorry if someone if offended). They're more into money making than promoting the hobby.

September 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

Looks like some of the proof sets were sold at really low prices when compared to the high standard that were set by some of the earlier auctions this year. I'd happily pay Rs 2500 for the SBI UNC set anyday. Did anyone else followed the prices and had similar thoughts? 

September 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

If anyone had taken pics of the exhibition and fair then please share them with us. Would love to see what we missed :)

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nishant gupta

Hi All, i bought some proof as well as UNC set at Bangalore Exhibition. Really got two sets at real low prices (atleast for me as i anyways wanted them for my collection)

1) Proof set Dandi March first issue for rupees 5700 (though some dealers were asking for as much as 8000)

2) VIP/ Executive set in a red jewelerry like box of Mahatma Basaveshwara for 6000

Apart from this bought a few UNC set issued between 2003-2008 @ 4000 each and some 50 UNC like condition 5 rupee coins issued on various commemorative themes in last 5-6 years.

overall it was very good, liked the dealer's collection and Auction. bought 2 coins in Auction also :)

--

Nishant Gupta

September 12, 2012 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

can somebody tell me what is price of international crop science coin in the exibition.

--

Vivek Rohilla

September 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vishal
Limited Member

14000 for the UNC set

September 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.