cranko
Limited Member

If it's fake give your reasons why-

If it's not fake give you reasons why not-
--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Navonil Mukherjee

looks like fake...those two flag over the shield are not right...those flag should be learger and the sign should be "+" as per krause catelog...

--

http://mycoinsnavonil.blogspot.in/

http://navonilphillumeny.blogspot.in/

September 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

Navonil Mukherjee at September 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM

looks like fake...those two flag over the shield are not right...those flag should be learger and the sign should be "+" as per krause catelog...

Nice work Mr. Mukherjee, and thanks for sharing that with all.

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

avi

I want to buy india coins , but not fake.

September 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kidromeo
Administrator

@cranko Classical Numismatic Gallery had been in business since decades. Is this an one off incident or have you found them to be duping buyers often through auction offerings?

--

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

September 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

• The last attempted duping I can recall was that piece of crap 1939 Rupee they put into their auction that nobody bought in an NGS slab. THANK THE STARS. But that is my opinion, and i'll say it like it is man. They have been in business for decades. True. So they are experienced selling half annas right? Many possibly. An 1835 half anna is a coin that any coin collector knows i'm assuming, so all that experience for decades, and this is being auctioned as genuine? or an auction house with so many years this is a like selling a bottle of Thums-UP. This coin is making the auction listings through whos supervision? The auction process for these guys are planned out months in advance. People are buying coins, trusting reputations built for decades, and this gets by the quality control? What if an unknowlegdeable buyer bought this for whatever reasons, and discovers many years later he bought trash? Will the auction house take it back? I don't know. Thoughts to ponder-   

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cranko
Limited Member

cranko at September 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

• The last attempted duping I can recall was that piece of crap 1939 Rupee they put into their auction that nobody bought in an NGS slab. THANK THE STARS. But that is my opinion, and i'll say it like it is man. They have been in business for decades. True. So they are experienced selling half annas right? Many possibly. An 1835 half anna is a coin that any coin collector knows i'm assuming, so all that experience for decades, and this is being auctioned as genuine? or an auction house with so many years this is a like selling a bottle of Thums-UP. This coin is making the auction listings through whos supervision? The auction process for these guys are planned out months in advance. People are buying coins, trusting reputations built for decades, and this gets by the quality control? What if an unknowlegdeable buyer bought this for whatever reasons, and discovers many years later he bought trash? Will the auction house take it back? I don't know. Thoughts to ponder-   

here is what I wrote about that 1939 Rupee that was in Classical Numismatic Gallery in an N.G.S holder. they removed the picture. i wonder why? 

"Say it ain't so!!! When there is money to be made everybody wants to participate. Even if it means compromising your principles as a numismatist. This coin has been cleaned, has environmental damage, and some other surface/rim damage. I call it like I see it. If NGC or PCGS graded this coin it would be body bagged meaning not graded. You are going to see more, and more slabs enter the market from N.G.S. Most of them will be WAY overgraded, and you will not get the quality you think you will be paying for folks. Demand consistent, and better quality for anything you do in life. Especially if you will part with your money for fun or an investment for a coin purchase. DON'T GET DUPED!!!!!

--

Sanjay C. Gandhi

September 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.