India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Coin Chat > 2x2 coin Holders - availability

dmitra99
Limited Member

Dear Members,

I am located in Calcutta and have been unsuccessful in finding 2x2 coin holders (staple-able) for various sizes. Ebay India has for sale 10 different sizes..but..are they Mylar coated or not...not ascertinable.

What are the best such holders availble in India ? I have a significantly good collection which I want to mark with KM # and other info.

Would solicit info from members regarding availability in Calcutta and good price.

Regards,

D Mitra

September 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Navonil Mukherjee

I face the same problem...I mostly buy from Ebay as that is the only good source known to me..JJ colletion also sell but they bit expensive...the coin vendor beside GPO also sell but quality varies time to time...I still not explore college street though..... 

--

http://mycoinsnavonil.blogspot.in/

http://navonilphillumeny.blogspot.in/

September 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Hello sir,

First of all I want to know that what is 2x2 coins.

secondaly i know some dealers in bombay who can provide the coins at a reasonable rate.

and as Novin said ebay is good option as you can reject the coins if it is not of your choice conditions.

thanks

--

Vivek Rohilla

September 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dmitra99
Limited Member

Vivek Rohilla at September 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hello sir,

First of all I want to know that what is 2x2 coins.

secondaly i know some dealers in bombay who can provide the coins at a reasonable rate.

and as Novin said ebay is good option as you can reject the coins if it is not of your choice conditions.

thanks

Dear Vivek,

First of all they are NOT coins. They are simple cardboard pcs with 2 windows or port-holes on either side, so that when u insert a coin, both obverse and reverse sides are visible. Once done, staple at 4 ends so that the coin does not slip out.

In addition, you can mark additional info by pen like KM #. attribution etc on the outside.

These are meant for storing and catloging your own collection, not to sell to dealers in Bombay or have eBay reject them.

Link below -

http://www.coinsupplyexpress.com/Images/products/detail/35048.png

My primary query was ...these cheap imports from China / Taiwan have Mylar windows or LDPE /HDPE windows ?

Regards,

D Mitra

September 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DrPRBPrasad

Vivek,

Although deviation from the topic- Can you give the name, address & contact no of Mumbai dealer? Thank you in anticipation.

September 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Ok Sir, I am giving you the phone no of two dealers and read the below carefully.

1.    Sagar gangar - 09324317844, 09920090969. I made deal him 2 or 3 times and coins he sent me were brand new coins. But when i contact him recently he gave me a exhorbitent high price list of every coin. but he is a big dealer in Mumbai. so check the price from somewhere and make good bargain.

2. -  Salim Seikh  - 09930926362.  I talked to him several time but never made a deal but i think he is a good person. evey coin what you want he can provide at the one third rate of Sagar gangar. rason whatever coin a person demands from sagar gangar. salim seikh and other small dealer provide him those coins. so in my opinion we can trust on salim as i talked him more than 5 times.

And rest you can find out by making call to them.

thank you sir

--

Vivek Rohilla

September 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.