India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic of India > New Plastic Notes

Nitin Kapoor
Limited Member

It is read in the newspaper that the RBI is going to issue Rs.10 plastic notes on experimantal basis in few cities.When will RBI issue these notes? & howcan I get these notes?

October 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Well Nitin, Plastic notes first was issued in Australia, and India is the second country in the world which is going to use these notes. Basically these notes will be made of Polymer reason being the ordinary note life span is just 2-3 years and indian govt spends rs 3.5/-  per rs 1000/- note so it is very costly for the govt to manufactur notes. The life of polymer note will be 8-10 years of comparatively these are more favourable.

The design of the notes will not change and may the touch feeling be changed due to change in the stuff. these are the regular notes and need not to get through some kind of special route. by the end of this financial year these will be in the open market.

--

Vivek Rohilla

October 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitin Kapoor
Limited Member

Thanks Vivek for this valueable information.

October 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sudha
Limited Member

not only australia, even singapore has plastic notes

January 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rockingdevil
Limited Member

wat about nepal guys they have released plastic notes so long back

January 17, 2013 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

yep, new plastic notes of nepal are really good , i like them most in my collection :)

January 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rajat
Limited Member

Aniruddha at January 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

yep, new plastic notes of nepal are really good , i like them most in my collection :)

IN THE YEAR OF 1988 AUSTRALIA USED PLASTIS FOR BANK NOTES.TODAY 23 COUNTRIES USE POLYMAR BANK NOTES. BUT CANADA CLAIMS THAT THEY MAKE THE MOST ADVANCED BANKNOTES.SOURCE:-- B B C NEWS.

January 18, 2013 at 4:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

i am not saying nepal produces the best polymer notes, i am saying that i like Nepals polymer notes of all notes in my collection :)

January 18, 2013 at 5:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jacobobama2@gmail.com
Limited Member

Australia and Singapore have introduced plastic currencies.

With a view to elongating life of bank notes, particularly of lower denominations, it was decided by the RBI and government to introduce one billion pieces of Rs 10 notes in polymer/plastic on a trial basis in Kochi, Mysore, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar and Shimla.

The finance ministry had recently said that the review of policy of producing currency notes is a "dynamic and continuous process".

On the issue of fake currency, Subbarao said the problem is that whenever a fake currency is detected both the customer and the bank would be reluctant to put it on record.

August 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.