India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Republic Of India > Anyone used Bangalore RBI facility to get Commemorative coins

Gopal Kannappan

Hi, 

I went to the coin exhibition last week, I saw in one Bangalore based counter, he was opening a 5 Rs coin roll of  "150 years of kuka movement" Commemorative coin and selling each coin for 10 Rs. 

I asked him how he got so many coins, he said he got it from RBI. It was little crowded so couldnt speak to him in detail. I looked at the RBI website, and they do claim that they used to distribute these Commemorative coins through some offices like Bangalore, Chennai etc.

Has anyone got coins like this in Bangalore RBI branch, if so any procedure or is it just a walkin to the bank and just like SBI counter go and ask for the coin roll of what we need?

regards

--

regards

Gopal. K

February 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

http://www.rbi.org.in/regionalbranch/bangalore/currencychest.aspx

they will have some counters and machines for public, wherein you can buy coins, there will always be a long queue of change  brokers, so never tried to buy from RBI.

February 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gopal Kannappan

Thanks Aniruddha for the info. It was helpful.

--

regards

Gopal. K

February 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek
Limited Member

Hi Gopal,

let me know if you tried going to the RBI office, I am also from Bangalore and am also interested to get from there.

Thanks,

Vivek

March 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gopal Kannappan

No Vivek, As per Aniruddha's link the services are rendered from Mon - Fri. 

I will keep this link posted if I could go on a Saturday and explore this option.

--

regards

Gopal. K

March 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.