India Coin News

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > World Coins & Paper Money > RoyalMintUK-PlayingWithCoinPrices!!!

Aniruddha

Hello everyone, i have been buying coins from RoyalMint UK since last year, Eventhough the Quality of coins is Great, their pricing policy is flawed:

1) They launch a commemrative coin for some ocassion  at a standard price

2) After 6-12 months they sell the same coin for half price on their own website(London 2012 Olympic coins launched in 2012 are still available on their website, the price is reduced to half the original price.)

3)unfortunately i bought few sets of limited edition Coins with mintage of 12500, the sale was over, the coin was removed from website, to my horror and dismay, the same coin gold plated coin set is once again put on their website at half the OriginalPrice.

4) The more popular the coin is the more they remint it !!!

I dropped a mail to them 6 months back on the same issue, inspite of repeated followups there hasnt been any reply from them:

advice to all Members:

1) Avoid buying coins from Royal Mint UK

2)If u want to buy a coin from them, wait for 5-6 months after they launch a new coin, they will reduce the price of coin to half the original price set by them

(I have observed this for atleast 10 coinsets released by them.)

Regards,

Aniruddha

July 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ravi
Limited Member

This is very valuable information. Thanks Anirudha.Usually I didnt started buying any coin outside INDIA, 

July 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member

Hi Anirudh

thanks for giving most valuable advise to us.

Mint is in fault that's why it is not replying to u, and if they don't stop that practice it may be happen that they may loose confidence in the collectors. and can be known as the ROYALCHEATMINT OF ENGLAND.

ANIRUDH,

Second thing, plz advice me that should i go for that particular kind of coin(is it avalible right now).

THANKS.

--

Vivek Rohilla

July 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aniruddha

Hello Vivek, the following two coins are still available, rest all were taken down last 15-20 days priorly:

http://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-diamond-jubilee

U can also buy other Queens Diamond Jubillee coin from ebay, look out for gold plated silver proof coin commemrating queens Diamond jubillee, the official mintage for this one has been lowest by Royal Mint ie 12500.

u can find many sellers on ebay for London 2012 Olympic coins, they are selling at a really fair price considering the mint itself dropped the prices to almost half.

U can also look for London Underground coins released as early as jan-feb 2013 they are still available.

http://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/london-underground-150th-anniversary, soon they mite remove it.

Even Indian mints close booking in 2-3 months, but these guys just keep it for 8months or more, but Quality of coins is excellent :)

July 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vivek Rohilla
Limited Member
Hello Anirudha Thanks 4 guide me. Bt i m still in confusion abt the coin posted for sale on ebay. For which coin should i go And the price upto that price i should go. There r different coins on ebay related to olympic games Which is the main coin and the true price of that coin i want to know. Thanks
--

Vivek Rohilla

July 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

karthick
Limited Member
Vivek..check my ebay shop for Royal Mint coins..good pricing...
[edit:kindly send private mesaages for buy sell queries!!!]
July 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.